Monday, October 18, 2010

2 truths and a lie... with a food theme

1.  My dad was the track coach for my high school.  Every year he'd have the distance team over to our house for the annual pancake run.  It was a Saturday morning event.  After a nice morning  run we'd return home to my mom cooking her famous whole grain pancakes.  There was an ongoing record of the male and female who could eat the most of these large pancakes.  The previous female record was 11.  I ate 17, and it has yet to be broken again. 

2.  Every February there is a festival in Anchorage, Alaska called Fur Rondy.  There are lots of events and competitions for people to participate in and spectate.  I was a spectator for 17 years of the Annual Moose Burger Eating contest.  When I was eighteen I entered.  It was very last minute and I wasn't expecting to participate, so I had eaten a 6 inch meatball sub for lunch only 2 hours earlier.  I placed third in the women's adult division eating 7 moose burgers.  The winner had 10. 

3.  My sister had a giant tub of Double Bubble gum that had been sitting in her room for over a year.  Instead of throwing it away, my best friend and I told her we would take care of it.  While watching a movie we chewed the gum, constantly eating more pieces.  We finished the tub of Bubble gum with 66 pieces in each of our mouths. 

16 comments:

  1. I also agree with nick about number 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. they all sound completely insane but I'll say number one is a lie. 17 large pancakes is a lotttttt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think number 2 is a lie too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to say number one is the lie but for some reason I think you could eat that many. Whole wheat pancakes sound so fantastic! Number three is the lie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to say that two is the lie, but I have to say that three is the lie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that 3 is the lie because you would probably end up getting lockjaw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that number 2 is the lie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think 2 is the lie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have to say number 3 is a lie..

    ReplyDelete
  10. FOOD! Yay! I bet number 1 is the lie though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lot of double bubble, so I think 3 is the lie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm hoping that #3 is the lie; that is a TON of double bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to say that number three is the lie

    ReplyDelete