Friday, October 1, 2010

So, I took all four of the tests and my top three results were types 1, 2, and 9.  that would be:

1: Reformer
2: Helper
9: Peacemaker

I agree with types 9 and 2, but I've never really thought of myself as what is described under "reformer"... so I've chosen to disregard that one for now and focus on 9.  On 9types it says that its important how you talk to peacemakers and request things.  I found this really interesting and parallel with my personality because I've actually been in circumstances where I've told someone that they can critique or confront me, just as long as they do it in a non-aggressive, non-judgemental, or loving way.  So, I guess I already knew this about my personality without really "knowing" it. 

It is said that 9's "would rather melt into someone else" (enneagraminstitute.com).  This is very true for me and something that I'm very aware of.  One of my biggest desires when I'm doing something uncomfortable or risky with, is to have a partner or have someone to share the pain with.  But, I have had to come to the realization that those partners aren't always around and I need to have the confidence to face things alone.  My faith in God is the biggest comfort for me in these instances, despite my lack of an earthly "wingman."

On 9types it mentioned that 9's like to know that people approve of what they have done.  I can't really think of an instance where this isn't  true for me.  I've played piano since 1st grade so I've participated in many a recital.  If I had to choose after every recital whether or not to know what people thought about my performance, I would hands down choose "know" every time.  I want approval.  I want affirmation.  I want to know when people like what I've done. 

I thought this test was strangely accurate for the most part.  As I'm sure it was for everyone, there were a few things that didn't apply to me, but for the most part it was very true.  Here are my results from one of the tests:

 
Type 1   Perfectionism||||||||||||||||||||82%
Type 2Helpfulness||||||||||||||||70%
Type 3Image Focus||||||||||||||||70%
Type 4Hypersensitivity||10%
Type 5Detachment||||18%
Type 6Anxiety||||||||||||46%
Type 7Adventurousness||||||||||||||||62%
Type 8Aggressiveness||10%
Type 9Calmness||||||||||||||||||||90%



sites used:
9types.com
enneagraminstitute.com

2 comments:

  1. I got the some three types its weird that some of us are getting results that are very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfectionism was my top trait too. I've never thought of myself as a perfectionist either until I started comparing my daily planning book filled with notes lol .. 9 definitely seems like a solid personality.

    ReplyDelete