Monday, October 11, 2010

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Roy, Moss, and Jen work in the basement. 
Roy and Moss fix computers. 
Jen is their department head.
She doesn't know anything about computers.

The IT Crowd is a British comedy.  The episodes are all lighthearted and usually involve awkward moments, miscommunication, and good one liners.  Roy is a Welsh man who is sarcastic and consistently uses the phrase "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" when he gets calls about computer problems.  Moss is a text book nerd complete with the thick rimmed glasses, plaid button up shirt and tie, and clueless-ness about females.  In all four seasons I've seen, he's never smiled or laughed, yet he's one of the funniest characters on the show.  Jen is a red head who would like to someday move up to higher, more important floor rather than work in the basement.  The IT Crowd is continually shafted and never gets "appreciation parties" thrown for them.  Most of the show is set in their office, but occasionally it shifts to show the personal life of the characters. 
The IT Crowd is the first show I've ever wanted to watch regularly.  I've never been the type to have a show that I watch weekly, but I would watch the IT Crowd.  I've been hooked since the first episode.

2 comments:

  1. This kinda sounds like an interesting show. I might have to check it out on Hulu. Is it a local Alaskan show???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no, it was introduced to me when I was in Greece.

    ReplyDelete